The area around Page has always been a prime location for movies and TV shows. The rugged and unusual terrain in the area makes it a unique spot for movie making. Here are a few of the movies/TV episodes I remember being filmed near Page:
- Route 66 Season 1, Episode 9, Layout at Glen Canyon (1960)
- The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965)
- Planet of the Apes (1968)
- Easy Rider (1969)
- The Outlaw Jose Wales (1976)
- Greatest Heroes of the Bible (1978) – A made for TV mini-series. I was an extra in one of these episodes and will be signing autographs later.
- Superman III (1983)
- Maverick (1994) – There’s a scene in this movie with houseboats visible in the background. Ooops!
- Broken Arrow (1996)
- Planet of the Apes (2001)
- Gravity (2013)
There were more, but you get the idea. Here are some pictures I wanted to share with you from the first Planet of the Apes movie from 1968. I don’t remember where I got these.